Tips to making your online experience more secure:
- Opt for multi-factor authentication – Requires you to go through an additional step to authenticate who you are when doing a transaction.
- Example: Fingerprint after submitting password
- Be cautious of public Wi-Fi
- Make your password as long and complex as possible (i.e. use of a phrase) – Our Online Banking system requires between 8 and 17 characters, at least 1 number and 1 letter
- Change your online passwords frequently- Our Online Banking system requires it to be changed every 90 days
- Use an antivirus program and keep it up to date
- Never e-mail your password or respond to an e-mailed request for your password or other confidential information.
- Avoid “too-good-to-be-true” offers